Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bad News and Good News

Bad News:

Well, I was planning on posting a few things on my blog during yesterdays late night/early morning study session, but I never got around to it. At least I did well on my tests though, I'm just about done with all my finals so I can really start working on this site. I guess the news isn't that bad.

Good News:

I recieved a call from the Crist campaign yesterday morning. About a month ago I had contacted all four gubernatorial candidates to check for interest in running a debate between the Republican candidate and the Democratic candidate for governor. I've seen interest from all of the candidates, but the Crist campaign was actually the first to call and ask for more information. The plan is to run the debate on Florida International Universities south campus and hopefully get students interested in politics a little bit more. Right now the only problem in running the event is the fact that there is no College Republican club on campus. There is no one for the College Democrats to sponsor it with. I've e-mailed the President of the University and various departments to see if they can sponsor the event instead, but I'm still waiting for a response.

It's actually kind of sad, when I was looking for people to join FIU's College Democrats I contacted the Political Science Department. One of the professors in the department told me this: "Alot of Political Science majors here aren't even interested in politics. They're just using it as a stepping stone for law school"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home